Career Opportunities at Naturaw
Are you passionate about pets? We sure are!
Hi there, it’s Naturaw 🙂 – We are committed to providing premium quality pet food at affordable prices while operating with full transparency, honesty and integrity.
Who are we looking for?
We’re constantly looking for talented and dynamic employees! Positions such as… delivering to our customers, picking up products from our suppliers, working in the production facility, preparing raw dog food, etc..
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be able to lift up-to 75-lbs.
- Have a valid G-class driver’s license with up-to 1 minor infraction.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- A high school diploma.
- Be reliable and on-time.
- Be savvy in using smartphone applications for delivery and customer notifications.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and remain calm under pressure.
- Be organized with an eye for detail.
- Work well in a team setting.
Shift Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliveries are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, between 10:30am and 3:00pm & 7:30pm and 10:30pm, depending on which time slot the customer chooses.
- Pickups are Tuesday and Thursday, between 10:30am and 7:00pm.
- On days where there is no pickups, you’ll be working in Production, alongside the rest of the production team.
→ You may be required to work alternating Saturday shifts, and/or as business permits.
What will it be like on Delivery Days?
During a regular delivery day, you’ll start at our warehouse in Scarborough, loading the deliveries into our van. Your route will be preset by the logistics team which will allow you to have an efficient shift. Once deliveries are completed, you will return to our warehouse to drop-off the company van and end your shift.
What will it be like on Pickup Days?
During a regular pickup day, you’ll start at our warehouse in Scarborough, getting ready to visit any given supplier. Our suppliers are located anywhere from 15-300 km. from our location. The logistics team will present you with your route and provide any further details and information about the pickup(s). Once you are completed your pickup(s), you will return to our warehouse to drop-off and organize the products alongside our warehouse personnel, clean the van and end your shift.
What will it be like on Production Days?
During a regular production day, you’ll have responsibility to maintain the quality of our brand. From operating heavy-duty equipment, packing into containers, packing other meat products, working in walk-in freezers and walk-in coolers, loading and unloading crates and deliveries into the warehouse, product labeling, clean downs and updating production records and inventory. You will also be responsible on fulfilling orders being placed either via our online system or customer walk-ins at our store front location.You may also have to interact with our clients, from time to time.
How does our phone app work?
Your delivery schedule will have already been pre-loaded onto a delivery application and you will be given a company smartphone for the sole purpose of deliveries and pickups. The smartphone will allow you to perform your deliveries, in a timely manner, with a pre-configured route and will also notify the customer as you are approaching. The application will also help you with pickups from our suppliers and allow to have constant communication with dispatch.
The Legal Lingo:
- This is a two-part interview process. First part is pre-screening over the phone and the second interview will be in-person at our location in Scarborough.
- During the second interview, if we believe that you are a suitable candidate, we will take you on a road-test with our delivery van.
- You will be on payroll – we require a valid SIN and you must be employable in Ontario.
- Pay is bi-weekly – via cheque or e-transfer.
- Full training provided and paid for.
- During the duration of your employment with us, and while on pickups or deliveries, you will be provided with a company paid iPhone, which is to be used strictly for company purposes.
- For any questions or concerns about this posting, please call 1-844-Naturaw and ask to speak with Human Resources.
- A 3-month probationary period applies to all positions at Naturaw.
Job Type: Part-Time / Full-time / Seasonal
Salary: Starting $16.50 /hour
Interested in working with us? Go ahead and send your information to [email protected] and we’ll pass the information to our HR team.